My photo
Alexandria, Virginia, United States

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Setting a low bar

Days 1
Miles Run 3.1


Well, 2008 has begun and if the result of my first race of the year is any indication, 2008 could be a repeat of 2007. Yesterday I ran the DC Road Runners Predictions and Resolutions 5K in Rosslyn, VA. I have run the race twice before so I knew the course (flat except for a tough uphill over the last 300 yards or so). My times in prior years were around 31 or 32 minutes. Yesterday I completed the race in 35:02. While I'm not happy with the time, I honestly have to say it's about what I expected. I ran the King Street Mile on New Year's Eve and struggled to a time of 9:01. I knew the 5K would be a struggle for me.

So the 2008 journey has begun. I'm already ahead of pace for my goal of 2 miles run per day. My right foot, which I broke in October, feels relatively good so I plan to continue to run a couple of miles a day over the next few days. I need to work on both speed and endurance so we'll see how it goes.

No comments: