My photo
Alexandria, Virginia, United States

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Tidal Basin 2, Tim 0

It's been over 2 1/2 hours since I finished this months version of the Tidal Basin 3K and I'm still sweating. It's not because of the heat...its only around 40 degrees outside. I'm afraid that my lack of fitness is really causing me some challenges. I ran (and walked) it in 19:47...which is even 22 seconds slower than my pathetic time last month! However, it is quite a bit faster than I ran last week during the cruise so I'm satisfied with it.

I also ran 2 miles on the treadmill last night. I did not run Monday night because I'm a loser :) Last night's run was at a slow pace...around 4.6 MPH...but I did run the whole way which was a bit of a morale victory. I also had a very sore foot last night so again I'm satisfied with my time.

So the YTD results are as follows:

Miles raced 4.96
Miles run in training 14.0
Total Miles run 18.96
Average miles per day=1.19

Lucy, you've got some splaining to do! I'm way off my targeted miles per day of 2.0. I need to start putting in some longer runs.

No comments: